Food Karma Projects – the producers of Pig Island NYC and Brisket King® NYC – are bringing you the ultimate memorial day barbecue and picnic. Join us on Saturday, May 28th for Rib King 2022 plus a full day of fun featuring the Sauce King NYC Makers Showcase, Hard Cider Alley, pickles, grilled goodies including vegetables from the Snug Harbor Heritage Farm plus many other food products, spirits and drinks. It’s all happening at the historical Snug Harbor Cultural Center and Botanical Garden in Staten Island. Ride the ferry to flavor and kick off summer at this all-inclusive Memorial Day weekend festival. Tickets are on sale now.
And check out this amazing preview of our event by Sean Ludwig of NYC BBQ.
Features of this ALL-INCLUSIVE event include:
- 10+ meat grilling stations – including Holy City Hog farmer and BBQ Guru Tank Jackson from Charleston, SC, bringing his famous shrimp & grits and grilling pork sliders at a second station
- Jamon Station featuring KY-raised ham and “echoes of Spain” with Sidra and Tierra Callada Olive Oil sampling
- Welcome cocktail courtesy of Upstate Vodka
- NY State Wine from North Fork
- Grilled goodies, including vegetables from the Snug Harbor Heritage Farm
- Family-friendly with live music and other entertainment TBD
- Sauce King NYC Makers Showcase featuring sauces from artisan food makers Coney Island Saucery, Bayou Gotham, Rocket Fuel Foods and others, TBA
- Community partner, Friends of Firefighters, will be grilling with us
- Hard Cider Alley with Brooklyn Cider House, Aval, Original Sin, Romilly, Austin East and more
- Heritage Farm onsite chefs headed by former Blue Hill Chef Trevor Kunk grilling farm-grown vegetables on a Sea Island Forge
- Pickles, Hot Sauce and other fermented foods from Rick’s Picks and others
- Other entertainment – including an art demo by Charles Ozawa – TBD
- Plus many other food products, spirits and drinks – including Staten Island’s very own Flagship Brewing
Chefs Competing for the 4th RibKing of NYC award, co-hosted by NYC BBQ (chef list subject to change):
- Prairie Fresh Prime Pork from Kansas, sponsoring all competing chefs
- 2022 Brisket King® NYC Joe Musngi of SmoKing of Meats
- Sean Keever of Big Guns BBQ
- Darlene Lawrence of Sands Jerk Hut
- 2022 Brisket King® NYC Best Bite winner Bark Barbecue
- Blue Smoke, winners of Best Traditional brisket at 2022 Brisket King® NYC
- Smoke Sweats of Bed Stuy, Brooklyn
- Zabb PuTawn
- Jesse Jones, Chef Jesse Concepts, NJ
- Queens Custom Barbecue
- BBQ Guru Tank Jackson (see above)
- Fefe Anggono, Taste of Surabaya – NY Indonesian Food Bazaar
- With more to come
Snug Harbor Cultural Center and Botanical Garden is an 83-acre outdoor venue. Guests are encouraged to come at the start of the event as some restaurants may run out of food later in the day and to bring their own picnic blankets, camp chairs and water. Read about last year’s event here.
VIP Tickets ($85 + fee) include an all-inclusive ticket with 11:00 AM early admission to have a one hour head start to taste the brisket and mingle with the chefs before general admission guests arrive plus an exclusive Rib King t-shirt.
VIP Tables ($850) include 8 all-inclusive tickets, designated seating, early access at 11:00 AM to chat with pitmasters and get the first bites from the grill and Rib King t-shirts.
Early Bird Tickets ($55 + fee) include an all-inclusive food and drink ticket at a discounted price for 12:00 PM general admission… FINAL WEEK FOR EARLY BIRD TICKETS (ENDS MAY 8TH)!
General Admission ($65 + fee) includes an all-inclusive food and drink ticket with 12:00 PM admission.
Rain or Shine.
21 and over.